Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Grandpa

Sorry it's been so long since my last post! My posts normally happen closer together :)

I got word yesterday that my Grandpa who lives in Wisconsin had a massive stroke. My Uncle who lives in South Carolina flew there today and is with him now. It doesn't look good. The doctors say it's only a matter of time before he dies. My Uncle is having to make decisions and is facing the prospect of watching his father die. Please pray for both my Uncle and my Grandpa.

Most people expect to lose their grandparents and even their parents in their lifetime. It's a hard thing, but it is an expected thing. But we never really know when any of our loved ones will leave us... young or old... healthy or not.

I am reminded to let those I love know that I love them... to call more... to hug more... to laugh and cry with them more.... appreciate more... to just do more.

3 comments:

  1. Bless his heart! I will keep your Grandfather, you, and your family in my prayers! I am late reading and posting to your blog, but let us know what is going on.
    Grandparents are SO special!! I miss mine everyday!! I love old people! I had dinner out Sunday with my mom and daughter and there was an elderly gentleman eating alone across from us. I just wanted to go over and sit with him and then take him home with me to be my "Pap-paw"! He was precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers! My grandfather died this morning. He will be greatly missed. I'll be travelling to the memorial service sometime in the next several days. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Juliet, I am so sorry for you loss! My heartbreaks for you! My continued thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family! Please have a safe trip.

    Much love and sympathy,
    Glennda

    ReplyDelete