Wednesday, June 30, 2010

4th of July Plans

We are excited that we are going to have a "just us" family time weekend for the 4th of July :-) It seems we are always so busy with birthday parties for kids or church functions or my husband's quartet concerts that we rarely have a weekend to ourselves as a family. When we do have a weekend to ourselves we usually waste it by being lazy or spend it doing yardwork or laundry. Well... not this weekend!

I decided to plan for the weekend as if we were having company... great food and fun times! Except it will be just us... and I'm so excited!! :-)

Our weekend activities include:

--Yummy food! We will be making homemade ice cream that tastes like a Wendy's frosty :) I will also be making a coconut cake (a favorite around here!). We will be grilling out some BBQ ribs for the first time which should prove interesting. We will also be having corn on the cob, my "fancy" sweet and sour green beans, and watermelon (of course!). Yummy!!!

--Fireworks! We will buy some and do them in our driveway :-) We live in the county so it's allowed. My two year old gets a little freaked out, but we have a good time.

--Camping! Well, sort of... We put the tent up (or make a fort) in the living room and have fun snacks, talk, and laugh :-) Then we let the kids watch a movie in there and stay up later than normal. My hubby and I sleep in our own bed... it's more comfortable!

--Water fun! We don't have a pool, but that doesn't slow us down! We have a slip n slide and a fun sprinkler and a kiddie pool... we also have a trampoline :-) Back yard fun!

So, I hope all of you will be having a fun 4th of July! We surely will!

No comments:

Post a Comment