Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summertime is here!! I am SO happy that school is out and summer is here! I love, love, love having my kids home with me all day! Call me crazy... but I do :)

We have lots of fun stuff planned. Getting together with friends, VBS, church camp, beach trip (if the oil doesn't stop us)... tons of fun!!

I'm working on a daily schedule for our summer days. My oldest son NEEDS a schedule or he gets annoying. He wants to know every minute of every day what is coming next. He will bug and bug until he is "in the know" about our plans. So, the best solution is to have a daily schedule he can refer to rather than constantly be asking. It's actually more of a written routine than a schedule because it is a flexible plan.

A big part of my problem in developing our schedule is electronics time. My children are not allowed any electronics time (tv, video games, computer time, dvd's, etc) on Monday - Thursday during the school week. But during the summer I want them to be able to enjoy some... it's just hard to work out logistically. I am unwilling to let my kids stare at electronics all day, so we must have limits. The main difficulty I have is that they each enjoy watching different things...

The two year old likes Clifford and Curious George, except that he normally doesn't actually sit down and watch it. He's in and out of the room.

The girls (4 and 6) have similar taste, so I can let them have their tv time at the same time.

The oldest (9 yr old boy) likes very different things than the girls do.

But, it's hard to let them all have their preferences without letting the tv be on all day long especially since they don't have tv's in their rooms.

I've tried to come up with a schedule where one gets to be on the computer while the other watches a movie, but then they have to switch and when it's the girls turn on the computer they both want to play..... grrr....

But I think I've come up with a plan. I won't bore you with details, but you are welcome to ask if you want to know for some reason :)

Hopefully the plan will work and we'll be set up for a summer full of fun days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment