Monday, April 12, 2010

As Promised....

Well, I said I'd keep y'all posted as to my progress with being healthier, so here I am...

I have good days and bad days. Overall I'd have to say I'm not doing terribly well with it. For a couple weeks I did really well with exercise, but that has dwindled. My eating habits are terrible... just being honest.

But today is a new day :) I did an exercise video this morning (most of it... I was interrupted twice to change diapers), and I have done well with eating today... so far.

A couple things that are SO true and helpful to me that I have heard in the past couple days....

Paraphrased from my pastor to apply it to my situation: I shouldn't wait until I "feel" like exercising and eating right before I do it. It seems I keep waiting to magically want to get up and exercise and no longer want to eat junk food. Not gonna happen! I need to do what I know is right whether I feel like it or not. Easier said than done :-) But very true and something I needed to hear :)

And a friend shared with me that she struggles with motives in the area of food and exercise.. me too!! If I'm honest, my motives have more to do with wanting to look better rather than being healthy and honoring God. I don't think that wanting to look good is a bad thing.... it just shouldn't be "the" thing. And looking better is obviously NOT working for me as a motivator. If it were, I'd have lost weight by now.

So, today is a new day :-) Didn't I say that already? :) A verse spoke to me this morning... that's the only place I know to start with this area of my life... the Bible... Psalm 119:37 - "Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, and revive me in your ways"

My prayer is that God would give me strength, correct motives, wisdom, endurance, and success in this area of my life. Most of all I pray that my life and efforts in this area of my life will bring glory to Him.

So, there's an update :) Hoping to report better news next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment