Thursday, April 8, 2010

Commercials cause funny moments....

My kids are pretty hilarious :-) My son recently told me he thought he looked like a sock puppet in a picture we took while he was playing in the snow... my daughter told me that she no longer wanted to get married when she is 20, she'd rather wait till she is 25 because having babies hurts... and so it goes... life in my home ;-) Love it!!!

But the other day, my 6 year old daughter had me ROLLING on the floor laughing... literally... I could not stop laughing and tears were streaming down my face... and it was even funnier that she had NO IDEA why I thought she was being hilarious!! If you're a boy you may not want to read any further... just saying.....

To set the scene....

Our TV was on... can't remember exactly when or why... but it was on, and my daughter sat down and was watching a few minutes. Commercials were on and this new commercial where "mother nature" is handing out the "monthly gift" came on. Have you seen it? Anyway, the conversation went as follows....

6 year old: Mom! What monthly gift is she talking about? Why don't I get one?

Me: You aren't old enough.

6 year old: Do you get a monthly gift?

Me: Yes.

6 year old: How??? Is it wrapped??? That's not fair! What do you get???

Me: Well.... it just kind of happens on it's own... God made ladies that way. No, it's not wrapped.

6 year old: So, why can't I have one... I'm not too young. Mooooommmm!! It's not fair! It said it was pearls! I'm old enough for pearls!

Me: Sweetie it's not pearls... I promise... and you really are too young.

6 year old: Why is it funny that I want my monthly gift!?! You are trying to trick me!! There isn't really a monthly gift is there? It's like the tooth fairy... it's not real! You are tricking me, aren't you?!?!

Me: Sweetie, I promise I'm not tricking you. There really is a monthly gift, but it's not a fun gift... you wouldn't like it anyway. I wouldn't lie to you... I promise.

6 year old: I want to see it. Will you show it to me? Next time you get one I want to look at it and see what it is. And I'm going to tell my brother... is he getting a monthly gift yet?? Is he old enough (he's 9)????? Is he hiding his monthly gifts from me??

Me: No, your brother isn't getting a monthly gift because it's only for girls... when they get older. And, no, I'm not going to show you my gift.

6 year old: Well, then when I start getting my monthly gifts I'm not going to show them to you since you won't show me yours!

Me: That's fine, sweetie... it's only fair :-)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm laughing now just thinking about it!! I almost didn't post it because of the topic, but then I thought.... it's on national TV!! Way more people see that! So... here it is :-)

Love my babies! :-)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... she can have mine. Aunt Flo has been visiting me this week and I'm ready for her to GGGGOOOOOOOOO!!!! Poor thing - she won't know what has hit her when she gets her "gift."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hil-lar! Send this script to the "monthly" gift people; it's more tasteful than their scripts...just an idea?

    ReplyDelete