Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Second Best Friend

I have amazing friends!! Truly amazing friends. Friends that think of me often and go out of their way to find out how I'm doing and be there for me if I need them. They pray for me and they love me and they help me and they share their lives with me. I am truly blessed with wonderful friends.

My daughters are at that age where kids are doing the "I'll be your best friend if..." and "You're not my friend anymore..." type of things. UGH! It really annoys me and actually makes me angry... but that's a different post for a different day :-) The title of this post might lead you to believe that I am the same way... that of all my friends I pick a favorite and they are my "best" friend. That's not so... really, it's not.

Anyone who knows me well knows what I'm about to say already. My best friend is Jesus. Really. I'm not intending to sound super-spiritual here... really, I'm not. But there has been more than one time in my life that Jesus was all I had. He was truly my rock and carried me through some tough times.

My second best friend? Wild guess? My husband. Really and truly. He is my go to guy for advice and comfort and support. When I get good news or something bad happens, I think of telling him before anyone else. His love for me baffles me at times.

He's been out of town some lately. I miss him when he's gone... really miss him. The first day it's the fact that he is so helpful around the house (does dishes, bathes kids) that I miss (honesty!). But about the middle of the second day I miss HIM. I miss who he is... I miss having him come home at the end of the day and talking to him and sharing with him about my day and listening to him about his day. I miss his smile and, well, just his presence in the house.

So... he is and will always be my second best friend. LOVE HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment