Friday, April 23, 2010

Terrible Twos??? Don't think so...

For as long as I can remember people have talked about the "terrible twos". So, when my first child turned two, I braced myself... surely this is going to be awful and terrible... well, it just wasn't. He did go through a "stage" of difficulty when he was three, though... and then again when he was 7.... and I hear there are difficult stages in the teen years...

But two was a breeze! I thought... maybe it was just him.. he hit it late... so, with the next one I braced myself again. She was a more difficult baby, so surely she would have the "terrible twos". Nope. Two was great... three was okay... four... harder. She is 6 right now and we are in one of "those" stages.

Third child... again, two was great... three was HARD... four is good.. she turns five soon, so I'll keep you posted :-)

My fourth is 2 right now. He is just the CUTEST... he is so funny! :-) He's sweet and says the most adorable things. Like when someone is crying he points at them and says "they wrong!"... if it's a baby it's "baby wrong!". He's trying to say "Something's wrong with the baby.", but it comes out so cute!! Of course, he isn't perfect.. but he is adorable!!

My 5th isn't there yet, so who knows?

So far I would have to call them the "fun, adorable twos" :-) Every child is going to go through transitional times and test the limits. But I guess we just can't put all kids in a box and say at what age that will happen... because it's been different for all of mine :)

Plus it kind of entertains me when people talk about the "terrible twos" or how difficult the teen years are... when they are seeming to be going through the "terrible thirties" or are difficult to deal with themselves... ha! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment